Chapter 7. Working with Media
In this chapter we will cover:
- Creating a simple slideshow carousel
- Creating a document content type
- Creating a simple document library
- Linking documents to a content type
- Adding video to a content type
In this chapter, we will delve into the various methods of adding media to your content. In Chapter 2, Creating and Publishing Content, we saw how we can add media to content using the WYSIWYG editor. The WYSIWYG editor can be used to add images, documents, and videos into your content. However, this method leaves a great deal of control to the user adding the content. This is sometimes undesirable, as it can lead to inconsistency.
For example, if you wanted to run a video blog, you could allow users to enter ...