Chapter 8. Integrating Web APIs
In this chapter we will cover:
- Integrating with Facebook
- Displaying a live Twitter feed
- Adding simple PayPal integration to content types
- Setting up the Add This social bookmarking service
- Adding a Google Map to content
In this chapter, we will be diving into some of the third-party APIs and services that can be integrated with Drupal to provide a richer user experience.
API stands for Application Programming Interface. Commonly, an API provides a means by which a developer can access the abstracted functions of an application or service to query it and provide some results which can then be used in a third-party application.
In the first recipe, we will be integrating Drupal with Facebook to provide a one-click ...