In this chapter, we began looking at ways to support HTML5 in Drupal 7, and integrated it with our
d7dev site in a few different ways—with existing contributed modules and with code that we wrote ourselves. We learned about some of the differences between Microdata and RDFa, and did some extensive module development. We developed a custom compound field module, based on the Microdata specification at http://schema.org/NutritionInformation, allowing us to enhance our Recipe content type. However, at this point, our Nutrition Information Field module is still a bit rough around the edges. In the next chapter, we will introduce some more code examples, and clean up some of those rough edges.