A hands-on, practical guide for configuring your Drupal 7 website to handle all languages for your site users with this book and ebook.
- Prepare your Drupal site to handle content in different languages easily
- Apply the numerous multilingual modules to your Drupal site and configure it for any number of different languages
- Organize the multilingual pieces into logical areas for easier handling
Drupal is one of the most powerful and popular PHP Content Management Systems at the moment. By making your site multilingual, you are opening the door to a whole new user base, in as many countries as you like. Use the localization and internationalization features of Drupal 7 to automatically detect where your site users are visiting from and select the content appropriate to them. The world is your oyster!
Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites guides you through the wild world of localization and internationalization with practical and real-world exercises that you can apply to your own website. You will go from theory to practice and acquire the skills you need to make a user-friendly Drupal 7 site that supports multiple languages.
You will follow focused chapter exercises to add multiple-language support for your user interface, content, and various parts of your site’s configuration such as system variables, menus, and blocks.
The latter half of the book fills in the details with step-by-step exercises for localizing the interface, the content, and the configuration. Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites will give you the knowledge and the skills necessary to configure your site to support your language needs.
Table of Contents
Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites
- Table of Contents
- Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Multilingual Overview, Use Cases, and Modules
- Considerations and use cases
- Multilingual Drupal overview
- A look at the modules
2. Setting up the Basics: Languages, UI Translation, and System Settings
- Getting up and running
- Working with languages
Interface and string translations
- Translating the interface
- Automatic translation updates
- Adding and fixing interface translations
- Contributing translations back to the community
- Translating English strings
- Reusing custom translated strings
- General system configuration
3. Working with Content
- Enabling multilingual support
- Node translation model
- Field translation model
- Non-node entities
- Node listing and search pages
4. Configuring Blocks, Menus, Taxonomy, and Views
- Taxonomy terms
5. Panels, SEO, and More!
- Translation management and workflow
- Theming and module development
A. Modules, Resources, and Getting Involved
- Modules used in the book
- Module usage
- More multilingual modules
- Community resources
- Getting involved
- What's up for Drupal 8?
- Want more?
- Title: Drupal 7 Multilingual Sites
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849518185