Chapter 5. Theming in Drupal 8
In the last chapter, we learned about the Field Types API and about developing a custom field module. Now let's explore the frontend by creating a custom theme and learning about the new features of Drupal 8's theming layer.
In this chapter, we will learn the following:
- What a theme is and how to create a sub-theme
- What is new about themes in Drupal 8
- What the terms mobile first and responsive mean and why D8 base themes are built this way
- How to install Drush
- How to add assets to your theme
- An introduction to the Twig templating language
- Understanding the benefits of contributed modules and when to make use of them
What is a theme?
A theme adjusts, or overrides, the default appearance of your Drupal site. It does this by ...