Integrate social and multimedia Web services and applications with your Drupal Web site.
Explore different Web services and how they integrate with the Drupal CMS.
Reuse the applications without coding them again using the Web services protocols on your Drupal site.
Configure your Drupal site to consume various web services by using contributed Drupal modules for each specific task or application.
Drive the content from your Drupal site to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn using effective Drupal Web services
An easy to follow guide that opens up a method of easily sharing data and content resources between applications and machines that are running different platforms and architecture.
Drupal is a rich and dynamic open source content management system that can feed content into its framework from other Web applications including Facebook, Flickr, Google, Twitter, and more, using standard communication protocols called web services. You may be aware that content can be driven to your Drupal site from different web applications, but when you think of experimenting with this, you can get bogged down due to limited knowledge of web services. Imagine how you will feel when you catch sight of a book that covers powerful web services that help you to integrate your Drupal site with different web applications
This book covers efficient Drupal web services that help you to speed up your connections to Web applications. It will compel you to learn more and more about web services and use them to easily share data and content resources between different applications and machines. This book also covers the usage of each web service for different purposes. It provides step-by-step instructions on integrating Web services and Web applications with your Drupal powered Web site.
Drupal Web services will show you how to work with all kinds of Web Services and Drupal. The book shows you how to integrate Amazon.com content into your site; add multimedia and video to your site using video services including CDN2 and Kaltura. You will learn how to prevent spam using CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA and Mollom. You will also learn to explore the different types of Web services Drupal offers and can integrate with using the Services module and XML-RPC. Next you will learn to push content from Google documents, deploying this text and image based content as Drupal nodes.
Next you'll integrate Your site with Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and show how to post content from Drupal to these social networking applications automatically. At the end you will be enlightened with authentication methods for integrating Web services with Drupal.
Table of contents
Drupal Web Services
- Table of Contents
- Drupal Web Services
- About the author
- About the reviewers
1. About Drupal Web Services
- What are web services?
- Standards compliance
- Why are web services useful?
- Why use web services in Drupal?
- How Drupal uses web services
- Drupal as a service consumer
- Drupal as a service provider
2. Consuming Web Services in Drupal
- Using SOAP
- Using the SOAP Client module
- Using FedEx Shipping Quotes module
3. Drupal and Flickr
- Your Flickr account
- Flickr module
- Testing the Flickr module
- Accessing Flickr
4. Drupal and Amazon
- Signing up for an Amazon Web Services account
- Installation and initial configuration of the Amazon module
- Using the Amazon module
- Amazon Store module
- Using the Amazon Store module
- Configuring your Amazon Store
- Accessing Amazon
5. Drupal and Multimedia Web Services
- CDN2 video
- Using the Kaltura module and web service
- Using the Media: Flickr module
6. Drupal Web Services the Easy Way: The Services Module
- The Services module — what is it?
- Creating a Services module and running a custom callback
7. Drupal, Spam, and Web Services
- CAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA
- Mollom module
8. Using XML-RPC
XML-RPC and Drupal
- Drupal Blog API and Google Docs
- Syncing content between Drupal sites
- Using the Deployment module with Services
- Installing, enabling, and configuring Deployment
- XML-RPC and Drupal
9. Twitter and Drupal
Twitter and Drupal
- The Twitter API
- The Twitter module
- Integrating the Twitter module with Drupal
- Registering your website with Twitter
- Posting your Drupal nodes as tweets to your Twitter account
- Showing tweets in blocks on your Drupal site
- Tweet module
- Twitter and Drupal
10. LinkedIn and Drupal
- LinkedIn and Drupal
11. Facebook and Drupal
- What is Facebook?
- Drupal and Facebook
- Setting up Canvas Pages
- Creating your first Facebook app
- 12. Authentication Services
A. Modules Used in the Book
- Modules used in Chapter 1
- Modules used in Chapter 2
- Modules used in Chapter 3
- Modules used in Chapter 4
- Modules used in Chapter 5
- Modules used in Chapter 6
- Modules used in Chapter 7
- Modules used in Chapter 8
- Modules used in Chapter 9
- Modules used in Chapter 10
- Modules used in Chapter 11
- Modules used in Chapter 12
- Title: Drupal Web Services
- Release date: November 2010
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849510981
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Learning Python, 5th Edition
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Drupal 7 Module Development
For PHP developers, this is the most practical book available if you want to start coding …