Chapter 4. Extending Drush
This chapter will teach you to expand the Drush toolkit by installing and testing contributed modules. Each of them adds a set of commands for different purposes such as:
- Backing up and migrating entire sites to a wide range of destinations
- Reinstalling modules, inspecting source code, and generating test data
- Exporting configuration from database to a module
- Generating boilerplate code for custom modules
- Packaging a set of modules into a make file
- Managing and reverting views
Many contributed modules at http://drupal.org have a Drush extension which helps commands to perform some of their tasks. The previous examples are the most popular ones.
Backing up and migrating sites
The Backup and Migrate module manages backups elegantly. ...