13Ease Into the Nice and Easy Style
There are those people with whom we work who are feeling-oriented folks who will take the time to chat about casual topics both on- and offline. Building rapport and team problem-solving are high on their list of workplace priorities. As writers, their style can best be described as Nice and Easy. They take a personal and friendly approach to e-mail by:
• Expressing their feelings.
• Using inspirational quotes.
• Using conversational language.
• Inviting feedback and discussion.
• Writing in description and detail.
Consider this typical Nice and Easy–style e-mail.
Subject: Holiday Client GiftsFrom: Candy CandycaneDate: November 20thTo: Sales Team
Dear Sales Team:
Well, the holidays are just around the corner! ...