Adopting best practices, accelerating development, and improving the quality of life for your whole software team
About This Video
- Explore better ways of dealing with a particularly tedious development environment that requires a lot of manual steps to get from ideas to deployment
- Build on the new concepts bringing your knowledge base and development environment into the bleeding edge at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- Use Docker to develop new microservice apps, helping your organization get prepared for the new era of DevOps and containers.
Companies that adopt DevOps and use Docker are leading the industry in almost all metrics. DevOps and developers need to use Docker in a way that supports and encourages good development and best practices. If you wish to get beyond just learning the Docker tool, then look no further because this video course will be your companion and show you how to make it work for your teams and processes.
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of Docker, how to utilize it in your development environment, and know how Docker can help your organization adopt DevOps principles. Additionally you will learn about the fundamental principles of DevOps and how to transform your team into one that follows the three DevOps ways.
By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable using Docker on the command line, writing Docker Compose files, and using these tools to boost your development. You will follow along and practice the fundamentals, learning from someone who has been in your shoes. Also, you will adopt best practices, scale up development, and accelerate your team into the forefront of the ever-changing development landscape.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at:
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction to DevOps and the Three Ways
- The Course Overview 00:02:08
- What Is DevOps? 00:04:36
- The First Way – Enabling Fast Flow 00:04:24
- The Second Way – Amplifying Feedback Loops 00:01:37
- The Third Way – Culture of Experimenting and Learning 00:04:10
- Chapter 2 : What Even Is Docker?
- Chapter 3 : Dockerfile Deep Dive
- Chapter 4 : Turning Configuration into Code with Compose
- Title: Effective DevOps and Development with Docker
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788994279
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Microservices designs require you to change how you build and deploy applications. Instead of creating a …
Hands-On Kubernetes and Docker for Distributed Applications
Ship and run distributed applications anywhere with Docker About This Video Build secure, resilient, scalable and …