Sample Meeting Norms
As a member of this team, I will…
• Show up on time for all meetings.
• Read the agenda and come prepared to discuss the issues and, where appropriate, make a decision on the issues.
• Inform the team leader if I am unable to attend the meeting.
• Provide the team leader with any outstanding action items or requested input on agenda items if I am unable to attend the meeting.
• Ask questions for clarification when I do not understand an issue.
• Actively listen to all sides of an issue in an effort to reach a consensus.
• Be brief and get to the point.
• Provide realistic due dates for my action items and deliverables.
• Focus only on the agenda items and not multi-task, such as reading and responding to emails. ...