Part 1: Before the Meeting
When we typically think of time management for meetings, we usually think of what happens during the meeting. In other words, the focus is “keeping on track” during the meeting. However, it is equally important to consider the time management issues that you can control during the planning stage prior to the meeting. Such time management issues include:
• What is the best day of the week for a meeting?
• What is the best time of day for a meeting?
• How long should a meeting run?
• Should you take breaks during a meeting?
• Is a working lunch meeting effective?
Let’s tackle these issues.
When to Meet
Monday afternoon - Friday morning
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
When Not to Meet
Avoid Monday ...