BEWARE! Hazardous to Cross-Cultural Communication
• This opportunity is going to vanish into thin air
• He is full of hot air.
• After the announcement, all hell broke loose.
• This whole marketing team was up in arms.
• I could feel my ears burning.
• I am all ears.
• Her presentation really laid an egg.
• They are in cahoots with the vendor.
• It’s a piece of cake.
• Let’s call a spade a spade.
• If we play our cards right, we can get this contract.
• Let’s beat them to the punch.
• He was way off base.
• Don’t make waves.
• You need to fish or cut bait.
• This is going to be a long shot.
• We are skating on thin ice.
• I think we need to call an audible.
• This is a real wild card. ...