This chapter covers:
• creating and maintaining the business justification
• the relationship between outputs, outcomes and benefits
• developing and managing a business case
• PRINCE2’s requirements for the business case theme
• investment appraisal techniques
6 Business case
6.1 The business case theme
The purpose of the business case theme is to establish mechanisms to judge whether the project is (and remains) desirable, viable and achievable as a means to support decision-making in its (continued) investment.
Organizations undertake projects because they want to make measurable improvements in one or more ...