Closing a project
This chapter covers:
• preparing for formal closure
• preparing for premature closure
• handing over the project product
• evaluating the project and recording lessons
• recommending project closure
• guidelines for tailoring products and roles
20 Closing a project
The purpose of the closing a project process is to provide a fixed point at which acceptance of the project product is confirmed, and to recognize that objectives set out in the original PID have been achieved (or approved changes to the objectives have been achieved), or that the project has nothing more to contribute.
The objective of the closing a project process is to:
• verify user acceptance of the project product
• ensure that ...