The effective use of teams has long been one of the hottest topics in business. Here you will find a variety of viewpoints on this crucial subject, from some of the country's most prominent writers on the subject, including Patrick M. Lencioni and Jon R. Katzenbach.
These articles--curated from the award-winning Leader to Leader journal--form a kaleidoscope of ideas and inspirations for how teamwork can be improved in your organization. You'll find groundbreaking research, examples from top organizations, and best practices to guide you.
A number themes appear within. One particularly important theme is communication. This is especially true of Ichak Adizes' "Communication Strategies for Leading Teams," but also in the contributions from John Gallagher, Lisa Haneberg, Laurence Haughton, Howard M. Guttman, Jon R. Katzenbach, Douglas K. Smith, and Carol Sturman. Another is decision making, particularly in Don Maruska's "Making Great Team Decisions," but also elaborated on by Haughton, Guttman, Adizes, and Jack Uldrich.
Table of Contents
- Leading in a Virtual Learning Team
- To Improve Teamwork, Huddle Up!
- Creating Hot Teams
- Partnering to Solve Team Problems
- The Trouble with Teamwork
- The Discipline of Virtual Teams
- Making Great Team Decisions
- Leading into the Unknown: How Lewis and Clark Built a Great Team
- Communication Strategies for Leading Teams
- Dare to Dream
- Title: Effective Teams: Essentials from Leader to Leader
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118587034