- How to generate readable documentation from your specs
- How to identify the slowest examples in a suite
- How to run just the specs you care about at any given moment
- How to mark work in progress and come back to it later
2From Writing Specs to Running Them
You’ve installed RSpec and taken it for a test drive. You’ve written a few specs and gotten a feel for how they’re different from test cases in traditional frameworks. You’ve also seen a few ways to trim repetition from your examples.
In the process, you’ve applied the following practices:
- Structuring your examples logically into groups
- Writing clear expectations that test at the right level of detail
- Sharing common setup code across specs
RSpec is designed around these habits, ...