Chapter 2. In search of good
In this chapter
- What makes a test “good”?
- Testing relevant behavior
- The importance of reliable tests
We’re on a journey of learning about good tests. We want to learn to identify good tests, write good tests, and improve not-so-good
tests so they become good tests—or at least closer to being good tests. The question is, What makes a test “good”? What are
the magic ingredients? There are several aspects to consider, including:
- The test code’s readability and maintainability
- How the code is organized both within the project and within a given source file
- What kinds of things a test is checking for
- How reliable and repeatable a test is
- How a test makes use of test doubles
We’ll be taking ...