Installing an enterprise application
The steps to install an enterprise application are:
- Create an EAR file
- Install the EAR file in the application server
- Start the server
Creating an EAR file
To create the EAR file for the sample application:
- Select the ItsoBank5EAR project and Export (context).
- Select EAR file and click Next.
- For the target location, click Browse and locate the WebSphere directory for installable applications, for example:
- Optionally, select Export source files (source is not required to run).
- Select Include project build paths and meta-data files.
- Click Finish.
Installing the EAR file
To install the enterprise application, use the administrative console (log in if you are ...