Chapter 2. Downloading and Setup
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Downloading and installing Elasticsearch
- Setting up networking
- Setting up a node
- Setting up for Linux systems
- Setting up different node types
- Setting up a client node
- Setting up an ingest node
- Installing plugins in Elasticsearch
- Installing plugins manually
- Removing a plugin
- Changing logging settings
- Setting up a node via Docker
This chapter explains the installation process and the configuration from a single developer machine to a big cluster, giving you hints on how to improve performance and skip misconfiguration errors.
There are different options in installing Elasticsearch and setting up a working environment for development and production.
When testing out ...