13Electronic Components, Functions, and Devices
OBJECTIVES: After studying this chapter, you will be able to
- Describe what a semiconductor material is
- Understand the atomic structure of a semiconductor material
- Explain the difference between an electric and an electronic device
- Explain N-type and P-type materials
- Describe what the term hole implies in the context of electronics fundamentals
- Describe the terms doping, dopant, and doped material
- Name and explain common functions performed by electronic circuits
- Explain the term solid-state
- Understand the difference between analog and digital electronics
- Become familiar with some terms that you will learn later in the book
- Explain how in electronic circuits AC and DC can be combined together
Get Electricity and Electronics for Renewable Energy Technology now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.