Don’t worry if you never took a physics course, you can easily update your electronics knowledge by following Lou’s clear and logical systems-level approach. When you finish this book you will understand different types of electronic circuits, how they work, and how they fit together to create modern electronic equipment, enabling you to apply, use, select, operate and discuss common electronic products and systems. And all this is explained using basic functional building blocks rather than detailed circuit analysis!
- Introduces you to the principles that form the basis of electronics, including the core concepts of how to generate current flow, how to control it, and magnetism.
- Learn about the basic components of electronics such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits.
- Discover different types of circuits, using the functional block diagram approach which makes it easy to understand their purpose and application without requiring nitty-gritty circuit analysis.
- Get a grip on embedded controllers, the single-chip microcontrollers that are built into virtually every electronic device.
- Get involved with Hands-On projects in each chapter.
- A fresh look at how electronics work
- Learn about the inner workings of your HDTV, cell phone, and video game console
- Hands-on projects and experiments bring electronics to life
Table of contents
- List of Figures
- Chapter 1 Learning about Electronics for Your Own Good
- Chapter 2 Electronic Concepts: More Interesting Than You Think
- Chapter 3 The Systems versus Components View of Electronics
- Chapter 4 Electronic Circuits: Linear/Analog
- Chapter 5 Electronic Circuits: Digital
- Chapter 6 How Microcomputers Work
- Chapter 7 Radio/Wireless
- Chapter 8 Cell Phones
- Chapter 9 Networking: Wired and Wireless
- Chapter 10 Audio Electronics
- Chapter 11 Video Technology
- Chapter 12 Industrial Control
- Appendix Book References
- Title: Electronics Explained
- Release date: June 2010
- Publisher(s): Newnes
- ISBN: 9780080959252
You might also like
Electric Motors and Drives, 5th Edition
Electric Motors and Drives: Fundamentals, Types and Applications, Fifth Edition is intended primarily for non-specialist users …
Becoming a professional full stack web developer requires a solid understanding of the software tools most …
Ham and Shortwave Radio for the Electronics Hobbyist
Get up and running as a ham radio operator—or just listen in on the shortwave bands! …
The Circuit Designer's Companion, 4th Edition
The fourth edition of this classic work on circuit design gives you the understanding and practical …