This chapter will cover the following recipes:
- Interactive Elixir (IEx):
- Using the terminal to prototype and test ideas
- Loading and compiling modules
- Getting help and accessing documentation within IEx
- Using Erlang from Elixir
- Inspecting your system in IEx
- Inspecting your system with Observer
- Creating a simple application
- Managing dependencies
- Generating a supervised application
- Generating umbrella applications
- Managing application configuration
- Creating custom Mix tasks
The command line is the preferred way to create and interact with Elixir applications, inspect running systems, and prototype ideas.
Interactive Elixir (IEx) allows immediate evaluation of any expression, and it is also possible to define modules directly ...