Each segment in this collection features a highly rated session from our recent Velocity conferences. Download these videos or stream them through our HD player, and discover why preparing for failure can produce stronger, more resilient systems.
Table of Contents
Embracing Risk and Failure
- Introduction 00:01:13
- Resilience In Complex Adaptive Systems: Operating At The Edge Of Failure - Richard Cook 00:19:09
- What, Where and When is the Risk in System Design? - Johan Bergstrom 00:25:46
- Stability Patterns - Michael Nygard 00:39:18
- Building Resilient User Interfaces - Mike Brittain 00:12:21
- Frying Squirrels and Unspun Gyros: Mike Christian 00:14:39
- Real-time Systems at Twitter - Raffi Krikorian and Arya Asemanfar 00:21:23
- Down with the Fancy Pants--Optimizing for the Wrong Things Increases Complexity - Jan Schaumann 00:42:24
- Application Resilience Engineering and Operations at Netflix - Ben Christensen 00:29:58
- Title: Embracing Risk & Failure
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491903018