Book descriptionThis book lights the way to appreciating the importance of developing the emotional language to describe, acknowledge, and address emotions in the workplace using a proven and methodical approach absent in most other EI strategies.
Ann was agitated and troubled as she summoned the courage to recount what had happened. The intensity of her remarks was gripping the whole team; all eyes were on her. She took the extraordinary step of sharing her emotions with her team; she felt alone, helpless, unimportant, and rejected.
In reflecting on our individual professional experiences, we each remember occasions when we were Ann; desperate for connection. At times we reacted by retreating to our offices and at other times by becoming angry, shouting, or being overly defensive. Has this ever happened to you? Have you felt that emotions don’t belong at work?
We assert that underlying all of our interactions are the emotions we are all operating with, both consciously and unconsciously. Emotions, and not the content, are the most powerful presence in the room during conflicts and stress. But knowing this is not enough.
This book lights the way to appreciating the importance of developing the emotional language to describe, acknowledge, and address emotions in the workplace using a proven and methodical approach absent in most other EI strategies. The EmC strategy will enable the leader inside you to connect more effectively, energize a harmonious workplace culture, and nurture creativity and innovation to achieve unprecedented results.
- Invigorate creativity, innovation, and collaboration
- Boost engagement and wellness
- Build psychological safety to enhance trust and authenticity
- Nurture leadership throughout the organization
- Foster strong relationships to create a thriving culture
Enduring relationships give us the strength to face volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and adversity. When we are connected, we can thrive, we can achieve unimaginable success.
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
- Why Read This Book?
- How to Use This Book
- Lola’s Thoughts
- Overview of the Emotional Connection (EmC) Strategy
- Overview of the Three Stages of the EmC Process
- Chapter 1 Introduction into the Dynamics of Human Connection
- Chapter 2 Attachment in the Workplace
- Chapter 3 How Responses Are Shaped: The Power of Connections
- Chapter 4 Exploring Emotions
- Chapter 5 From Being Stuck to Moving On
- Chapter 6 Are You There for Me?: The Magic of A.R.E.
- Chapter 7 How to Respond to Emotions
- Chapter 8 What the EmC Process Can Do For You
- Chapter 9 How to Address Common Challenges
- Chapter 10 Resilience and Thriving Cultures
- Appendix A: List of Raw Spots
- Appendix B: List of Negative Emotions
- Appendix C: List of Positive Emotions
- Appendix D: How Can You Become an EmC Captain for Your Crew?
- Interviews With Leaders Who Use the EmC Process
- About the Authors
- About EmC Leaders
- Title: Emotional Connection: The EmC Strategy
- Release date: April 2021
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781637420270
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …