Great relationships are those where you:
• Feel that you really connect with the other person.
• Really understand each other’s thoughts and feelings.
• Respect others’ views and concerns and accept that they are relevant and valuable.
• Are sensitive to each other’s needs.
• Both truly value your relationship and its mutual benefits and rewards.
These relationships can only exist where there is empathy between you, where you have a high regard and respect for each other and most importantly where there is trust. It’s about establishing rapport.
The good news is that some of these relationships already exist in your business life. You will recognize them as the ones in which you can challenge each other ...