Delivering Your Emotional Intelligence Workshop: Be a Great Facilitator
What’s in This Chapter
• Defining the facilitator’s role
• Creating an effective learning environment
• Preparing participant materials
• Using program preparation checklists
• Starting and ending on a strong note
• Managing participant behaviors
Let’s get one thing clear from the get-go: Facilitating a workshop—facilitating learning—is not lecturing. The title of ATD’s bestselling book says it all: Telling Ain’t Training (Stolovitch and Keeps 2011). A facilitator is the person who helps learners open themselves to new learning and makes the process easier. The role requires that you avoid projecting yourself as a subject matter expert (SME) and that you prepare ...
Get Emotional Intelligence Training now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.