Book DescriptionChange is everywhere these days—at times it seems like barely controlled chaos. Yet within this turmoil are the seeds of a higher order. When a new system arises from the ashes of the old, science calls the process “emergence.” By engaging it, you can help yourself and your organization or community to successfully face disruption and emerge stronger than ever.
In this profound book, Peggy Holman offers principles, practices, and real-world stories to help you work with compassion, creativity, and wisdom through the entire arc of change—from disruption to coherence. You'll learn what to notice, what to explore, what to try, and what mindset opens new possibilities.
This work can be challenging but also tremendously rewarding. It enables new and unlikely partnerships and develops breakthrough projects. You become part of a process that transforms the culture itself.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- INTRODUCTION: FROM CHAOS TO COHERENCE
- PART 1. The Nature of Emergence
- PART II. Practices for Engaging Emergence
- PART III PRINCIPLES FOR ENGAGING EMERGENCE
- PART IV THREE QUESTIONS FOR ENGAGING EMERGENCE
- IN CLOSING WHAT’S POSSIBLE NOW?
- SUMMARY OF KEY IDEAS
- ABOUT EMERGENT CHANGE PROCESSES
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Engaging Emergence
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605096049