Chapter 6. Threads and Fasteners
• Learn thread terminology and conventions
• Learn how to draw threads
• Learn how to size both internal and external threads
• Learn how to use standard-sized threads
• Learn how to use and size washers, nuts, and setscrews
This chapter explains how to draw threads, washers, and nuts. It also explains how to select fasteners, washers, nuts, and setscrews.
Internal threads are created using the Hole Wizard tool, which is located on the Features toolbar. Predrawn fasteners and other standard components may be accessed using the Design Library.
All threads in this book are in compliance with ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standards—ANSI Inch and ANSI Metric threads. ...