- To specify the only/proper form and the instructions to be used to make product design or document changes.
- All product design or document changes to be processed by this CM function.
- Only the form attached (see pg 2) shall be used to make product design or document changes.
- The change form shall not be used to make changes to process, quality or sales documentation.
- The change form shall not be used to make changes to the product publications (spare parts lists, service manuals, etc.).
- The proper form instruction is found on page 3 (should also be on the back of hard copy forms) and may be seen online by placing the curser over the form box.
- No other form shall be used to make design or design documentation changes.
- This form shall be used to release documents individually or in groups (in lead time).
- If new items are required as part of a design change, they may be released with this change form.
- In recognition that “paperless” is often impractical, “less paper” should be our goal. Therefore, the design of online forms, when printed, will normally be one 8 ½ × 11 size, rather than the “run-on” design used by most IT departments and systems.
- If your system allows, redesign the online form to accommodate the “less-paper” reality.
- None Required.
- CM will be responsible for keeping this standard and the form design up to date.