Book descriptionThe Chinese e-Merging Market is designed to work as a step-by-step guide to the online marketplace and social media landscape in China.
Over the past decades China gained the reputation of being the world’s factory, focusing solely on manufacturing exports. This is about to change. The role of e-commerce is tremendously important in the context of the Chinese government’s stated goal of relying less on exports to the recession-stricken West and focusing more on domestic consumption as a driver for further economic growth.
The Chinese e-Merging Market is designed to work as a step-by-step guide to the online marketplace and social media landscape in China. E-Commerce is an easier, faster, and far more cost-effective way of entering the Chinese market compared to more traditional entry methods. Chinese e-commerce offers great opportunities to Western companies seeking to do business in China without the hurdle of heavy upfront investment.
This book aims to assist Western SMEs, business owners, entrepreneurs, investors, and business students to understand and ideally enter the Chinese e-merging market. It provides practical advice, updated data, and relevant links for further reference that Western companies and entrepreneurs can use to establish their online business presence in China and to remain competitive in this tremendously challenging and profitable market.
Table of contents
- Half-title Page
- Title Page
- China’s E-Tail Revolution: Why China and Why Sell Online
- Online Consumer Behavior in China
- What Do They Value Most?
- How to Market Your Products and Services Online
- The Big Two: WeChat and Sina Weibo
- How to Market on Wechat
- How to Market on Weibo
- The Taobao Phenomenon: Can You Beat the Giant?
- How to Sell Online
- Alternative Solutions
- Payment Methods
- Digital Laws and Regulations in China
- Key Strategies for Different Company Types
- Managing Practical Challenges
- The Future of E-Commerce and Technology in China
- The Future of Chinese Retail
- China Going Global
- Final Thoughts and Recommendations
- 2018 Digital China in Numbers
- Useful Links & References
- About the Author
- Title: Entering the Chinese e-Merging Market
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781948976503
You might also like
Value-Added Selling, Fourth Edition: How to Sell More Profitably, Confidently, and Professionally by Competing on Value—Not Price, 4th Edition
The global, go-to guide that started the Value Selling Revolution—now updated for today’s market “Value” is …
The future of banking is already here — are you ready? Bank 4.0 explores the radical …
Artificial Intelligence in Practice
Cyber-solutions to real-world business problems Artificial Intelligence in Practice is a fascinating look into how companies …
China's Mobile Economy
Explore the world-changing digital transformation in China China's Mobile Economy: Opportunities in the Largest and Fastest …