5+ Hours of Video Instruction
Organizations are seeking growth and change as their markets, competitors, and customers evolve rapidly. Most organizations and individuals are skilled and well-focused in their day-to-day skills, but this does not suggest they have the knowledge, skills, or ability to create a coordinated and lasting change. Organizations need to be able to alter culture and thinking to remain competitive in this challenging environment. This course teaches how to create and empower this change within the organization.
Enterprise Agile Transformation LiveLessons presents a model and a defined plan to transform your organization. Agile and Change consultant Robert Annis presents the Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO). Robert walks you through the three phases of MACO—Assessment, Preparation, and Delivery—which are intentionally simple and intended to be continuously repeated. These phases, along with successful Leadership change (also taught in the course) are the drivers for environmental change and enablement.
"Genuinely one of the best training I've attended. One thing is to learn about concepts of agile, another completely different story is to know to successfully transform your organisation to move into agile ways of working, change its culture to agile. If your company is going through this extremely interesting but also challenging journey of agile transformation - I strongly recommend Enterprise Agile Transformation course to be taken by Leadership Team and Change Agents. It's a great combination of theory and practice - all delivered in a truly agile spirit by Robert - definitely worth your time."
-Anna Pajak, PMO Manager, GSK
About the Instructor
Robert Annis started as a project manager, and the last couple of decades have led him through Scrum master roles to Agile coach and trainer to organizational transformation and leadership coaching‚Ä¶to now, simply change enabler. He works with leadership to help transform their organizations to enable positive change and increase their competitiveness.
Robert has delivered training and coaching at Harvard and Villanova universities, to enterprises (including Lloyds of London, GlaxoSmithKline, Shell, Dell EMC, United Airlines, Bank of America, BNY Mellon, HP Madrid) and to governmental groups (US Dept. of Labor Statistics). This has led to a truly international body of work in many places and with many cultures; Macedonia, Poland, Spain, Turkey, India, Ireland, Spain, Australia, USA, and the UK.
Robert hopes that you find this course useful and that he can work with you one day.
Connect with him on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/robannis) or Twitter (@TheAgileShark).
- Assumes you have basic knowledge of Agile
- Plan, lead, and deliver organizational change
- Learn the different players in an organizational change, and how to manage the relationship with them for success
- Report on transformational success and failure, and understand the metrics to use
- Realize the different staffing models in these transformations and the options they each provide
- Create loyalty to the change so that the organizational change has a much greater chance of success
- Team leaders, Project Managers, Program Managers, Change and PMO Managers, Product Line Managers, and visionary leaders
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- The student also should have knowledge of their organizational structure, a willingness and openness to learn, and an understanding of their impediments to success. In short, they should have the awareness of their organization’s problems, the intended future state, and a desire to change their situation aligned with the knowledge of the investment that it will take.
Lesson 1: An Agile Beginning
Lesson 1 discusses the Agile basics, its values and principles, and its processes. It also covers the gaps in Agile so that you have a full understanding of the situation.
Lesson 2: A Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO)
Lesson 2 reviews the background to MACO, its origins, and explains how and why it works.
Lesson 3: Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO) ‚Äì Assessment Phase
In Lesson 3, you are introduced to the first phase of MACO, which is Assessment. You will begin to understand how change occurs and learn how to create a vision of the change and gain the necessary followers. Next, the lesson highlights the investment needed by leadership to create a commitment before talking about the roles of important supporting groups such as change management. Following this, you learn the role of pilot teams to prove concepts and ideas before the final review of the lesson.
Lesson 4: A Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO) ‚Äì Preparation Phase
In Lesson 4, you are introduced to the second phase of MACO, which is Preparation. You learn to define both the success criteria as well as the size and scope of your planned transformation. Next, the lesson focuses upon the different staffing models and options and how you will consider all the Agile frameworks before selecting your choice. Finally, you are introduced to the power of working agreements before the final review of the lesson.
Lesson 5: Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO) ‚Äì Delivery Phase
In Lesson 5, you are introduced to the third phase of MACO, which is Delivery. You discover the approach to communications and how to implement the transformation plan. The lesson then discusses training needs and your reporting and metrics plans before the final review of the lesson.
Lesson 6: A Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO) ‚Äì Review of the Three Phases
Lesson 6 explains the need for repetition of the three phases and the recognition for what organizational change by management is.
Lesson 7: Leadership: A Model for Environmental Change
In crucial Lesson 7, you learn that this is the MACO enabler. The lesson utilizes a case study for evidence, and then compares the differences between organizational change by management and by leadership. Finally, the lesson truly answers the question: What is leadership?
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: An Agile Beginning
- Lesson 2: A Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO)
Lesson 3: Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO)—Assessment Phase
- Learning objectives 00:01:00
- 3.1 Introduce the Assessment phase 00:05:47
- 3.2 Consider why the change is occurring 00:09:52
- 3.3 Identify a vision 00:04:42
- 3.4 Share the vision and gain followers 00:06:31
- 3.5 Ensure leadership's commitment to the change 00:06:14
- 3.6 Usage of Change Management 00:06:29
- 3.7 Pilot teams as a POC 00:04:13
- 3.8 Review the Assessment phase 00:06:28
Lesson 4: Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO)—Preparation Phase
- Learning objectives 00:00:52
- 4.1 Introduce the Preparation phase 00:02:34
- 4.2 Define success criteria 00:12:36
- 4.3 Define the size and scope of the transformation 00:08:12
- 4.4 Identify staffing models 00:12:51
- 4.5 Select an Agile framework 00:10:00
- 4.6 Create a working agreement with change agents 00:14:22
- 4.7 Review the Preparation phase 00:07:12
- Lesson 5: Model for Activating Change in your Organization (MACO)—Delivery Phase
- Lesson 6: MACO—Review of the Three Phases
Lesson 7: Leadership—A Model for Environmental Change
- Learning objectives 00:00:39
- 7.1 Introduce the MACO enabler 00:12:55
- 7.2 Review a case study 00:12:03
- 7.3 Compare organizational change by management and by leadership 00:08:54
- 7.4 Understand the role of leadership 00:06:06
- Title: Enterprise Agile Transformation
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134893425