Dive into advanced topics for using Java Message Service (JMS) in the enterprise with this comprehensive video course. Through live, interactive coding in both JMS 1.1 and JMS 2.0, messaging expert Mark Richards take you deep into several advanced JMS features and techniques, including JMS transaction management, embedded messaging, RESTful JMS, Spring JMS, and message streaming.
If you’re a Java developer who understands JMS basics, particularly though Mark Richards’ introductory video—Enterprise Messaging Using JMS: Fundamentals—this advanced course is the ideal way to continue your journey through enterprise messaging.
- Design techniques and common message design pitfalls
- How and when to use transactions with messaging
- Using an embedded message broker in your application
- Creating self-healing and auditing systems using message browsing
- Techniques for sending and receiving large documents and images in messages
- Sending and receiving messages through HTTP with RESTful JMS
- Techniques for making your messaging applications run faster and scale better
- Using Spring JMS to send and receive messages in Spring-based applications
- Harnessing the full power of Spring JMS with Message Driven POJOs
Mark Richards is an independent hands-on software architect with over 30 years of experience in a variety of technologies, including J2EE, SOA, messaging, microservices architecture, and a host of other platforms and technologies. He is the author and coauthor of several other O'Reilly books and videos, including Java Message Service 2nd Edition, the Software Architecture Fundamentals video series, and 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know. Mark has spoken at hundreds of technical conferences worldwide on a variety of topics including messaging, SOA, Java persistence, and software architecture.
'Clearing a path from developer to architect and enriching that path once you arrive.'
Software architecture is a fast-moving, multidisciplinary subject where entire suites of “best practices” become obsolete practically overnight. No single path or curriculum exists, and different types of architecture—application, integration, enterprise—require different subject emphasis. Whether you’re at the outset of a career as an architect or in the midst of such a career, series editor Neal Ford has curated this collection of tools and guides for aspiring and seasoned architects alike.
- Title: Enterprise Messaging with JMS
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491911990
You might also like
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C03)
8+ Hours of Video Instruction 8 Hours of Video Instruction and Test-Taking Strategies for the Topics …
JUnit and Mockito Unit Testing for Java Developers
Are you looking for a simple, no-nonsense guide to learning how unit testing works? This video …
The Complete Coding Interview Guide in Java
Explore a wide variety of popular interview questions and learn various techniques for breaking down tricky …