A Geographic Location can be either a:
· Geographic Area – a bounded area on the surface of the planet.
· Geographic Point – used to define the position of other Geographic Locations.
· Geographic Solid – such as a defined oil deposit. This also could refer to a mapped volume in space.[(]
· Geographic Lines – such as the route of a telephone line or a highway.
Note that the most significant sub-type of Geographic Location is Geographic Area. This encompasses:
· Geopolitical Area - A place whose boundaries are defined by law or treaty. These include
· Country – a nation, such as the “United States of America” or “Indonesia”.
· Principal Country Division – a part of ...