Introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
After reading this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- Value chain framework
- The problems with disintegrated data in an organization
- Evolution of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and what ERP systems are?
- The role of ERP systems in an organization
- Three-tier architecture and its benefits
- Stages theory and its application to the evolution of ERP
- Differences between custom-built systems and ERP systems
- Scope of ERP systems
- Different business models and support of ERP systems
- Major ERP companies
In 1979, Information Technology Serving Society, USA defined Information Technology (IT) as a mean for the collection, storage, processing, ...