There has been immense worldwide excitement about the potential of Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) businesses to help impoverished societies escape poverty. Unfortunately, many BoP firms are locked in a "survival trap" that keeps them small, inefficient, and unprofitable. Now, Eric Kacou identifies breakthrough business models, operational techniques, and leadership approaches that can help BoP businesses grow rapidly, successfully, and profitably.
Drawing from his immense on-the-ground experience in Africa’s most challenging business environments, Kacou shows how companies can overcome the Survival Trap mindset that breeds dependence, mistrust, and failure. Next, he takes readers inside the Rwandan metamorphosis: the economic miracle that CNN’s Fareed Zakaria calls Africa’s biggest success story. Kacou shows how to address the needs of all core stakeholders. He concludes with integrated recommendations for local entrepreneurs, global businesses, governments, and international organizations: guidance that can truly launch a "virtuous cycle" of prosperity creation.
For all entrepreneurs, policymakers, NGO professionals, and leaders who want to make BoP businesses work.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Entrepreneurial Solutions for Prosperity in BoP Markets
- About the Author
- I. Foundations or Why Mindsets Matter
- II. Solutions to Escape The Survival Trap
- III. Integration
- Epilogue: A Call to Action: Embrace Entrepreneurial Solutions for Prosperity
- Title: Entrepreneurial Solutions for Prosperity in BoP Markets: Strategies for Business and Economic Transformation
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: None