Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the role and importance of the entrepreneur in economic development.
- Introduce the evolution and concepts of entrepreneurship.
- Identify the various types of entrepreneurs and their functions.
- Recognize Entrepreneurial Competencies & Importance of Corporate Entrepreneurship.
- Explain the myths of entrepreneurship.
- Identify the factors required for capacity building for entrepreneurs.
Historically, entrepreneurs have altered the direction of national economies, industries, and markets. In addition to increasing national income through job creation, entrepreneurship has always served as a bridge between innovation and ...