Definition, Scope and Importance of Environmental Studies
After studying Unit I, students will be able to:
- Define the scope and importance of environmental studies.
- Describe the need for public awareness.
- Identify the different components of the environment.
- Describe the history of environmental laws, and myths and misconceptions about the environment.
- Explain the importance of environmental studies in promoting sustainable development.
- Analyse the components of natural, man-made environment and social environment of the Earth – and explain the interdependence of these components on each other.
1.1 Definition, Scope and importance of Environmental Studies
Environmental Studies is a multidisciplinary subject. It employs ...