Human Population and the Environment
After reading this chapter, students will be able to:
- Describe human population and the environment.
- Explain population growth variation among nations.
- Explain population explosion.
- Describe family welfare programmes.
- Define environmental and human health, human rights and value education.
- Define HIV/AIDS women and child welfare.
- Describe the role of information technology in the environment and human health, with case studies.
7.1 Population Growth Variation among Nations
According to an anthropological estimate, the history of human evolution and civilization is about 3 million years old. About 50,000 years ago, as a result of evolution human beings appeared in their present ...