Book descriptionThis book is about realistic solutions for the threat of zero-interest rates and excessive liquidity.
Central banks do not print growth. The financial crisis was much more than the result of an excess of risk. The same policies that created each subsequent bust are the ones that have been implemented in recent years. This book is about realistic solutions for the threat of zero-interest rates and excessive liquidity.
The United States needs to take the first step, defending sound money and a balanced budget, recovering the middle-class by focusing on increasing disposable income. The rest will follow. Our future should not be low growth and high debt. Cheap money becomes very expensive in the long run. There is an escape from the central bank trap.
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
Part I Creating Money from Nowhere
- Chapter 1 How Did We Get Here?
- Chapter 2 Central Banks Don’t Print Growth
- Chapter 3 Debt Is Not an Asset. The Relative Success of the U.S. QE
- Chapter 4 Sudden Stop in Emerging Markets
- Chapter 5 Abenomics Fails
- Chapter 6 Draghi Comes to the Rescue
- Chapter 7 Zombification of the Economy ... Let’s Repeat
Part II How to Escape the Monetary Tsunami
- Chapter 8 When Commodities Collapse, Find A Hedge
- Chapter 9 Twenty-Five Central Banks Easing, Lessons and Examples
- Chapter 10 Lessons for Central Banks. Secular Stagnation and Fiscal Multipliers
- Chapter 11 How to Get Out of Expansive Policies
- Chapter 12 The Investors’ Guide to Secular Stagnation
- Chapter 13 Argentina and Turkey Lead the Sudden Stop
- Chapter 14 Dollar vs. Yuan. Can China Dethrone the US Dollar?
- Title: Escape from the Central Bank Trap, 2nd Edition
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781949443691
You might also like
Central Banking: Theory and Practice in Sustaining Monetary and Financial Stability
Understand the theories and interpret the actions of modern central banks Central Banking takes a comprehensive …
The Capital Markets
The Capital Markets: evolution of the financial ecosystem is the new standard providing practical text book …
A new textbook offering a comprehensive introduction to models and techniques for the emerging field of …
Dive into algo trading with step-by-step tutorials and expert insight Machine Trading is a practical guide …