Learn how to plan your migration to the cloud in this introductory-level course that teaches you the concepts of cloud computing and how to implement a cloud model using Microsoft Azure. You'll study the different cloud deployment types available; observe how experts choose the correct implementation model for their businesses; learn about Azure's costs, functions, tools, services, advantages, and disadvantages; and explore the key factors to consider when moving to a cloud-based system. You'll come away with the knowledge required to resolve real world implementation issues (e.g., back-up and recovery, uptime, scaling, and software delivery-on-demand concerns) and gain a deep awareness of the efficiencies cloud computing offers (e.g., reduced operational costs, improved agility, and reliability).
- Understand the uses, benefits, and disadvantages of cloud computing
- Discover the distinctions between public clouds, private clouds, and hybrid clouds
- Explore the benefits and disadvantages of Microsoft Azure cloud computing
- Learn about Azure's plans, pricing, and how to get started using Azure
- Master the details of Azure's functionality, tools, and services
- Pick up the skills required to choose the Azure services that will benefit your business
Andrew Bettany is a UK-based Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP). Andrew managed the IT Academy at the University of York for eight years and now focuses his time training businesses about cloud and mobility technologies. He's the author of multiple courses and publications on Microsoft exam certification prep and is a frequent speaker at Microsoft Ignite conferences worldwide. In 2011 and 2013 he delivered classes in earthquake-hit Haiti to help the community rebuild their technology skills.
Table of Contents
- Cloud Computing and Azure
- Azure - Getting Started, Functionality and Tools
- Azure - First Steps
- Azure Services
- Azure Management
- Wrap Up and Thank You 00:00:47
- Title: Essentials of Microsoft Azure
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492036852