Perfect for the one-term course, Essentials of Precalculus with Calculus Previews, Fifth Edition provides a complete, yet concise, introduction to precalculus concepts, focusing on important topics that will be of direct and immediate use in most calculus courses. Consistent with Professor Zill's eloquent writing style , this full-color text offers numerous exercise sets and examples to aid in student comprehension, while graphs and figures throughout serve to illuminate key concepts. The exercise sets include engaging problems that focus on algebra, graphing, and function theory, the sub-text of many calculus problems. The authors are careful to use calculus terminology in an informal and accessible way to facilitate the students successful transition into future calculus courses. With an outstanding collection of student and instructor resources, Essentials of Precalculus with Calculus Previews offers a complete teaching and learning package.
• Available with WebAssign Online Homework and Grading System
• Vibrant four-color design illuminates key concepts and improves students' comprehension of graphs and figures.
• Translating Words into Functions section illustrates how to translate a verbal description into a symbolic representation of a function and demonstrates these translations with actual calculus problems.
• Chapter Review Exercises include problems that focus on the algebra, graphing, and function theory, the sub-text of so many calculus problems. Review questions include conceptual fill--in-the-blank and true/false, as well as numerous thought-provoking exercises.
• The Calculus Preview found at the end of each chapter offers students a glimpse of a single calculus concept along with the algebraic, logarithmic, and trigonometric manipulations that are necessary for the successful completion on typical problems related to that concept.
• Provides a complete teaching and learning program with numerous student and instructor resources, including the Student Resource Manual, WebAssign Access, Complete eLearning Center, and • Complete Instructor Solutions Manual.
• Includes a new section on simple harmonic motion in Chapter 4.
• A new section of parametric equations, as well as a new calculus preview of 3-space, has been added to Chapter 6.
• Rotation of polar graphs is now discussed in Section 6.6
• The discussion of the hyperbolic functions in Section 5.4 has been expanded.
• Numerous new problems have been added throughout the text.
• The final exam at the end of the text has been expanded.