A fast-paced guide to building applications with the Spring and Spring Boot frameworks
About This Video
Dive into the essentials of the Spring framework to build efficient applications for the cloud
Explore the latest features of the Spring 5.x framework!
Discover the various features and functionality provided by Spring Boot to rapidly develop Spring applications
With the advent of containerization and the ease of cloud availability, developers are required to explore new tools and frameworks in order to best utilize these technologies. The Spring framework's core features can be used by any Java application, but there are extensions to build web applications on top of the Java EE platform.
In this course, you will start by setting up the developer environment, and initialize a simple application using Spring Boot. After that, you will look into different developer tools, debug Spring applications, and log in to Spring. Then you’ll dive into the Spring MVC, where you will develop reactive web applications with Spring, and work with embedded servlet containers and manage serialization with Protobuf, Avro, and Thrift.
Moving on, we’ll look into the various features of Spring Data, and how you can enhance data management using Spring Data JPA, MySQL, REST, NoSQL, and Cassandra. Finally, you will learn to add authentication and security to your web application using Spring security features, such as OAuth2 and JSON Web Token.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Starting with Spring Boot
- Chapter 2 : Diving into Spring Boot
Chapter 3 : Spring Boot Web Applications
- Spring MVC 00:04:20
- REST Documentation with Spring REST Docs and Swagger 00:04:27
- Templating with Thymeleaf 00:03:48
- Reactive Web 00:06:17
- Embedded Servlet Containers 00:05:46
- Serialization with Apache Avro, Protocol Buffer, and Thrift 00:05:25
Chapter 4 : Spring Data
- Spring Data JPA and MySQL 00:06:58
- Spring Data REST 00:02:39
- NoSQL with Spring Data Cassandra and Spring Data Mongo 00:04:58
- Spring Data Reactive 00:04:34
- Caching with In-Memory and Redis 00:04:56
- Chapter 5 : Security
- Title: Essentials of Spring 5.0 for Developers
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787283893