This chapter walks you through the basic tenants of evaluation, why you should evaluate, and why some avoid the process. It finishes up with a case study on evaluating a training program. You’ll also learn about:
• a basic definition of evaluation
• benefits of evaluation
• why talent development professionals avoid doing evaluations
• how training evaluations go wrong
• roles and responsibilities for evaluation
• basics of the four levels of evaluation.
When you think of evaluating something, what do you think of? Assessing something against ...