Make Every Business Day Your Masterpiece
Every Leader Is an Artist makes the compelling case that many of the attributes that make a person a great leader are actually those that make someone a superior artist: intention, focus, authenticity, skill, and imagination.
Providing the tools and techniques for developing these qualities, O’Malley and Baker offer vignettes that draw parallels between the personal qualities of famous artists and effective leadership.
Dr. Michael O’Malley is an adjunct professor at Columbia Business School and CEO of Promontory Financial Risk Management. He previously served as Executive Editor for Business, Economics, and Law at Yale University Press.
Dr. William F. Baker directs the Bernard l. Schwartz center for Media Education, and Public Policy at Fordham University. He has won seven Emmys for his work in broadcasting.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Every Leader is an Artist: How The World’s Greatest Artists Can Make You a More Creative Leader
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1 Intent: Leadership Begins in the Mind
- Chapter 2 Focus: Emphasizing the Center of Attention
- Chapter 3 Skill: If You Are Incapable of Doing It, It Can’t Be Done
- Chapter 4 Form: Putting It All Together
- Chapter 5 Representation: Many Ways to Say Things
- Chapter 6 Imagination: Social Constructions and the Land of Make-Believe
- Chapter 7 Authenticity: Genuine Creations
- Chapter 8 Engagement: The Curious Culture
- Chapter 9 Pleasure: Emotional Nourishment and Personal Enrichment
- Chapter 10 Human Significance: Why Art and Leadership Persist
- Chapter 11 Context: Right Time, Place, and Methods
- Chapter 12 Criticism: Take Me Seriously, Please
- Chapter 13 Do We Really Not Care About Leadership?
- Chapter 14 Masters of Leadership
- Chapter 15 The Rise and Fall of Mr. R.
- About the Authors
- Title: Every Leader Is an Artist: How the World’s Greatest Artists Can Make You a More Creative Leader
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071778589
You might also like
344 Questions: The Creative Person’s Do-It-Yourself Guide to Insight, Survival, and Artistic Fulfillment
The secret to creative success lies not in knowing the right answers, but in knowing how …
The Charismatic Leader: Behind the Mystique of Exceptional Leadership
Find out what really makes charismatic leaders tick. Here, author Jay Conger analysis the things leaders …
What to Ask the Person in the Mirror
Successful leaders know that leadership is less often about having all the answers—and more often about …
Making Work Human: How Human-Centered Companies are Changing the Future of Work and the World
How do you keep your employees engaged, creative, innovative, and productive? Simple: Work human! From the …