Make Every Business Day Your Masterpiece
Every Leader Is an Artist makes the compelling case that many of the attributes that make a person a great leader are actually those that make someone a superior artist: intention, focus, authenticity, skill, and imagination.
Providing the tools and techniques for developing these qualities, O’Malley and Baker offer vignettes that draw parallels between the personal qualities of famous artists and effective leadership.
Dr. Michael O’Malley is an adjunct professor at Columbia Business School and CEO of Promontory Financial Risk Management. He previously served as Executive Editor for Business, Economics, and Law at Yale University Press.
Dr. William F. Baker directs the Bernard l. Schwartz center for Media Education, and Public Policy at Fordham University. He has won seven Emmys for his work in broadcasting.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Every Leader is an Artist: How The World’s Greatest Artists Can Make You a More Creative Leader
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1 Intent: Leadership Begins in the Mind
- Chapter 2 Focus: Emphasizing the Center of Attention
- Chapter 3 Skill: If You Are Incapable of Doing It, It Can’t Be Done
- Chapter 4 Form: Putting It All Together
- Chapter 5 Representation: Many Ways to Say Things
- Chapter 6 Imagination: Social Constructions and the Land of Make-Believe
- Chapter 7 Authenticity: Genuine Creations
- Chapter 8 Engagement: The Curious Culture
- Chapter 9 Pleasure: Emotional Nourishment and Personal Enrichment
- Chapter 10 Human Significance: Why Art and Leadership Persist
- Chapter 11 Context: Right Time, Place, and Methods
- Chapter 12 Criticism: Take Me Seriously, Please
- Chapter 13 Do We Really Not Care About Leadership?
- Chapter 14 Masters of Leadership
- Chapter 15 The Rise and Fall of Mr. R.
- About the Authors
- Title: Every Leader Is an Artist: How the World’s Greatest Artists Can Make You a More Creative Leader
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071778589
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen)
The path to your professional success starts with a critical look in the mirror. (plus the …
The Intelligent Investor, Rev. Ed
More than one million hardcovers sold Now available for the first time in paperback! The Classic …
Work without Stress: Building a Resilient Mindset for Lasting Success
FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT STRESS. If you’re like most people, you probably think that stress …
The Psychology Book
How does memory work? Who is the "distractor" in your family? What was the "car crash" …