Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
The difficulty of implementing a new data strategy often goes under-appreciated, particularly the multi-faceted procedural challenges that need to be met while doing so. Deficiencies in organizational readiness and core competence represent clearly visible problems faced by data managers, but beyond that there are several cultural and structural barriers common to virtually all organizations that must be eliminated in order to facilitate effective management of data. This talk will discuss these barriers—the titular “Seven Deadly Data Sins”—and in the process will also:
- Elaborate upon the three critical factors that lead to strategy failure
- Demonstrate a two-stage data strategy implementation process
- Explore the sources and rationales behind the “Seven Deadly Data Sins,” and recommend solutions and alternative approaches.
Table of Contents
- Title: Exorcising the Seven Deadly Data Sins
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634624732