The most researched, documented, and comprehensive manifesto on experiential marketing.
As customers take control over what, when, why, and how they buy products and services, brands face the complete breakdown and utter failure of passive marketing strategies designed more than a half-century ago. To connect with a new generation of customers, companies must embrace and deploy a new marketing mix, powered by a more effective discipline: experiences.
Experiential marketing, the use of live, face-to-face engagements to connect with audiences, create relationships and drive brand affinity, has become the fastest-growing form of marketing in the world as the very companies that built their brands on the old Madison Avenue approach—including Coca-Cola, Nike, Microsoft, American Express and others—open the next chapter of marketing. . . as experiential brands.
Using hundreds of case studies, exclusive research, and interviews with more than 150 global brands spanning a decade, global experiential marketing experts Kerry Smith and Dan Hanover present the most in-depth book ever written on how companies are using experiences as the anchor of reinvented marketing mixes.
- The history and fundamental principles of experiential marketing
- How top brands have reset marketing mixes as experience-driven portfolios
- The anatomy of a brand experience
- The psychology of engagement and experience design
- The 10 habits of highly experiential brands
- How to measure the impact of experiential marketing
- How to combine digital and social media in an experiential strategy
- The experiential marketing vocabulary
- How to begin converting to experiential marketing
Marketers still torn between outdated marketing models and the need to reinvent how they market in today’s customer-controlled economy will find the clarity they need to refine their marketing strategies, get a roadmap for putting their brands on a winning path, and walk away inspired to transition into experiential brands.
Table of contents
- Before We Begin
- Chapter 1: The Rise of the Experience
- Chapter 2: The Psychology of Engagement
- Chapter 3: Developing an Experiential Strategy
- Chapter 4: Anatomy of an Experiential Marketing Campaign
- Chapter 5: Digital Plus Live
- Chapter 6: Experience Design
- Chapter 7: Proving Performance and Measurement
- Chapter 8: The 10 Habits of Highly Experiential Brands
- Chapter 9: The Vocabulary of Experiences
- Chapter 10: Converting to an Experience Brand
- About the Authors
- Title: Experiential Marketing
- Release date: April 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119145875
You might also like
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Marketing Research, 11th Edition
TRY (FREE for 14 days), OR RENT this title: www.wileystudentchoice.com In Marketing Research, 11th Edition, authors …
The Art of Digital Marketing
The premier guide to digital marketing that works, and a solid framework for success The Art …
Marketing Plans, 8th Edition
A fully revised and updated 8th edition of the highly renowned international bestseller The 8th edition …