Become a pro with the latest Android SDK and create state of the art applications for Android.
About This Book
- Dive deep into Android development with practical hands on examples to help you in each stage.
- Develop smart professional grade apps for the latest Android N version and become a pro android developer.
- Unclog your development highway by utilising the industry standard best practices techniques.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for mobile developers having some expertise in building android apps and who wish to now take a leap into building complex app such as Zomato, using latest Android N power of Google.
What You Will Learn
- Building UI/UX following best industry practices
- Development of Zomato Clone
- Measure and improve app performance
- Improving app using test mechanisms
- Bringing the app live on the play store
Android O brings a number of important changes for the users as well as the developers. If you want to create smart android applications which are fast, lightweight and also highly efficient then this is the book that will solve all your problems.
You will create a complex enterprise grade app in this book. You will get a quick refresher of the latest android SDK and how to configure your development environment. Then you will move onto creating app layouts, component and module building, creating smart and efficient UIs. The most important part of a modern day app is how real time they are. With this book, you will create a smooth back-end for your app, ensure dynamic and real time communication between different app layers. As we move on, you will learn to leverage the different Android APIs and create an efficient SQLite data layer for your apps. You will implement effective testing techniques to make your app reliable and robust and finally you will learn to deploy it efficiently. The multiple stages of android development will also be simplified by giving you an industry standard set of best practices.
Style and approach
This book will have a dedicated practical tutorial style approach with focus on professional & enterprise grade android app development. The examples in each chapter will be modular and will also help you to create a complete fully fueatured android app by the end of the book.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Gradle System
- Exploring Android Studio Developer Tools
- Leap into the Android Support Library
- Google Play Services
- Wireframing and tools to gather feedback
- Material UI for Android developers
- SOLID Android Development and Its Design Principles
- Understanding MVC, MVP, MVVM and Clean Arch Patterns
- How to begin
- Creational patterns
- Structural patterns
- Behavioral pattern
- Summing up MVP and MVC
Refactoring your app
- What are the advantages of refactoring?
- How is refactoring done?
- When should you refactor?
- What code needs to be refactored?
- How do I refactor my code?
- Refactoring of methods
- Extract variable
Improving display performances
- Optimizing layouts
- Views on demand
- Improving scrolls and other elements in the app
- Collecting, analyzing and optimizing the network and network traffic
- Batching and Job Schedulers
- Effective use of Extended Doze and Standby
- Understanding App Standby
- Testing with Doze and App Standby
- Threads and Pools
- Memory optimization
- Understanding what causes battery drain
- Effective consumption of battery in Zomato
- Improving app with battery analyser
- Improving display performances
- Building Restaurant finder
- Backend Service
- App Quality Service
- Grow Up
Testing Mechanisms (Functionality , Performance , Security , and Compatibility)
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Organizing for Software Testing
- Automating User Interface Tests
- Create an Espresso Test Class
- Testing UI for Multiple Apps
- Testing Mechanisms (Functionality , Performance , Security , and Compatibility)
- Preparing for Google Play
- Understanding App Store Analytics for Optimization
- Title: Expert Android Programming
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786468956
You might also like
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Capturing a wealth of experience about the design of object-oriented software, four top-notch designers present a …
Clean Architecture: A Craftsman’s Guide to Software Structure and Design
Practical Software Architecture Solutions from the Legendary Robert C. Martin (“Uncle Bob”) By applying universal rules …