Get to grips with the mechanics of .NET and C# to help you write powerful applications more efficiently
About This Video
Deep dive in to C# programming to create professional applications
This book has been updated using modern MS development, providing all the code samples available on Github, and covering C# 6 and .NET 4.6
Make best use of .NET Core to run cross-platform applications
.NET is one of the biggest software development platforms, and understanding its inner workings is the key to unlocking its true potential and performance. This course helps you uncover the hidden extras in .NET, enabling you to write robust and performant applications. Covering all of the latest features in C# 6 and .NET 4.6, we’ll start from the bottom with coverage of the CLR, and JIT compiler and work through advanced C# 6 programming techniques.
The second part of the video explores the .NET framework including LINQ, ADO.NET, and working with databases (replacing sql server with nosql). We’ll also show you how to start working in the new Microsoft way introduce you to GitHub, and take a brief tour of your cloud deployment options.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : .Net Overview
- The Course Overview 00:01:51
- Explaining .Net 00:02:37
- Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Framework Class Library (FCL) 00:03:58
- The Compiler 00:09:20
- Chapter 2 : What's New in .NET Framework 4.6?
- Chapter 3 : What's New with Visual Studio 2015?
Chapter 4 : What's New with C# 6?
- Using static 00:03:31
- Expression-bodied Function Members 00:06:14
- Auto-property 00:01:57
- Null-conditional Operators 00:07:42
- String Interpolation 00:04:37
- nameOf Expressions 00:03:09
- Index Initializers 00:03:56
- Exception Filters 00:03:41
- Await in catch and finally Blocks 00:08:29
- Extension Add Methods in Collection Initializers 00:06:20
- Chapter 5 : Building a Mortgage Calculator with WPF and C#
Chapter 6 : Deployment and Hosting
- .Net Core and Cross Platform 00:11:44
- GitHub Code Hosting 00:16:48
- Best Approaches to Coding and Keeping Up with C# and .Net 00:04:44
- Title: Expert Programming in C# and .NET
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786464057