Explore the Classic AWS Services by understanding VPCs, Instances, Networking, and Containers
About This Video
Dive into the internals of your VPCs and see how to create a self-healing infrastructure while keeping the costs down
Explore the finest features of AWS and use them to your advantage
Optimize your containers' capabilities and discover new solutions for databases and caches
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform that offers compute power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionalities to help businesses scale and grow. AWS cloud products and solutions are used to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
The “classic” AWS services are the focus of this course. You'll start by getting to know about VPC and its components such as private and public subnets, gateway, service endpoints, peering, DX, VPN, and so on. Next, you'll learn how to merge your infrastructure and code with an application code balancer.
Moving on, we'll cover further storage logging, events, replication, lifecycle, and advanced features of S3. Next, we look at data backup with AWS Glacier and migrating data with storage gateways and Snowball. You'll then explore RDS and look at the problems faced in the real world and services such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB.
Last, we'll explore a new hype of containers and how to run, manage, and deploy those using AWS.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Servers and Virtual Cables: VPC and EC2
- The Course Overview 00:04:54
- Diving into VPC 00:07:54
- The More the Merrier? Multiple VPCs 00:05:06
- Running a Server – It’s Cattle, Not Pets 00:09:33
- Scale 00:04:40
- Saving Money with EC2 Pricing Options 00:07:06
- ELB – Why You Don’t Need Elastic IPs 00:05:58
- Merging Your Infrastructure and Code – Application Load Balancer 00:07:34
- Lightsail – Should You or Should You Not? 00:02:43
- Chapter 2 : Where Do I put this Storage?
- Chapter 3 : The Actual Data – Caches and Databases
- Chapter 4 : Containers in AWS
- Title: Exploring AWS Instances, Networking, and Databases
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788291026