We are unique individuals, but typically not so special as consumers. We easily fall into all kinds of classifications, which we share with many other people. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you risk-averse, or a risk taker?
- Do you like to try new things, or prefer to stick with what you know?
- How sensitive are you to the cost of products?
- Are you a sports fan?
- Do you prefer coffee shops to bars?
- Which ice cream do you prefer, vanilla or chocolate?
- Would you rather tour a foreign country on your own, or join a guided tour?
It is highly likely that you will not have any problem answering these binary questions, but you should not worry about your individuality. It is common to group people by common traits, attributes, ...